1. The high standards of the Smithsonian museums and that so many free admission museums are so close to each other.
2. Clean, spacious city and public safety is excellent in tourist places
3. Public transport is quite practical and good.
4. Walkable city
1. We love to walk, but in Washington, we have regularly underestimated the distances.
2. We had carefully decide where we can walk and where not in the evening hours.
3. In some parts of the city, we saw too many homeless people and drug addicts. They were not dangerous; still, we felt somehow uneasy.
4. Although Smithsonian museums are free, the prices in their cafes are high (e.g., a simple sandwich is $ 6.5)