1. the Italian market area
2. the wonderful streets of Society Hill
3. walkable city
4. see Elfreth’s Alley, the oldest continuously occupied street in the US
5. We have enjoyed the surprisingly extensive downtown area.
6. the majestic position of the Philadelphia Museum of Art
7. The intact condition of 17-century, British colonial buildings
8. the diversity of its neighborhoods - Each one has its specific vibe, ethnic background, and even gastronomy character.
9. huge selections of restaurants and bars
1. The Rocky statue is a crappy creation - but at least popular for stereotypical tourist photography
2. Some streets are crowded with scary, sometimes even aggressive homeless people and drug dealers
3. some filthy street sections (,,Filthadelphia")
4. Streets were originally sized for horse-pulled carriages, but know too narrow for the huge car traffic
5. It feels like a lot of downtown residents have moved to the suburbs and so the city center is too much about tourism, entertainment, shopping, and there isn't enough intense local, residential life.
6. Nightlife is limited for a city this size. Except one or two nightclubs, everything closes around 2:00 am.
7. parking is a big challenge
8. public transportation isn't always reliable
9. some bad experiences with rude, unfriendly persons in services