1. Maine is great in summer.
2. that locals respect the traffic regulations
3. The Maine Maritime Museum is fascinating and professional
4. the octagonal lighthouse-shaped Portland Observatory (1807)
5. The Maine lobster is divine! The best I have ever had anywhere in the world.
1. Winter is long, and its weather is terrible. (Five months where the average low temperature is below freezing.)
2. Spring with the melting snow is often called here “mud season”. Mud attracts bugs, particularly little black flies. Not nice.
3. I have tried Moxie, a local soft drink, but its taste was too bitter for me