1. In San Antonio, the atmospheric Riverwalk and the 19th-Century houses in the King William Historic District
2. In Dallas, the emotional experience to be on the library's 6th floor, from where Kennedy was shot.
3. The Houston Space Center with a professional visitor center, all kinds of interactive solutions
4. Boerne, Fredericksburg (Hill Country), and Waxahachie in North Texas - these are adorable small towns with cute little main squares
5. The authentic atmosphere of a small East Texas town called Center, and the very American feel of East Texas
6. Texans are charming people and can speak to a non-American tourist without a heavy accent.
7. In Houston, the amazingly long underground pedestrian street system (practical during summer heat and winter cold)
8. El Mercado (huge market) in San Antonio - Mexican feeling
9. a favorite actor of mine, Matthew McConaughey was born and raised here, a proud Texan
10. The Alamo Mission, San Antonio
1. Some southern neighborhoods of Dallas are run-down, impoverished