1, The fortified medieval Old Town with its cute narrow streets
2. It is not that boring as I have read on some websites
3. The price level seemed to us a little lower than in Italy.
4. Locals are all smiles
5. Great views in all directions - you get the best view from the top of the mountain, for sure
6. We overnighted in San Marino so we could enjoy a magnificent sunset and the medieval, romantical streets without the tourist crowd.
7. A fearless walk on The Witches Pass (le Passo delle Streghe) - a bit like the Chinese Great Wall in miniature
1. Our shoes were not suitable for the rocky, steep and aslope streets. (be sure to put on a comfortable shoe!)
2. Too many tourists on Sunday
3. The changing of the guard ceremony was nothing special
4. A strange souvenir shop selling kinds of bogus medieval armors - a tourist trap
5. Another stupid tourist trap: in the tourist information office you can get a visa stamp in your passport - for 5 Euro - knowing that there is not even any border checkpoint with Italy