1. Even the shops have a kind of medieval aura
2. Since we spent a night here, we were able to enjoy the cozy tranquility of the town in the early evening after the day trippers had left.
3. In the bakeries, we tasted pasta rolls (cornetto di sicilia) with various fillings.
4. Young pilgrims sing near the fountains, which is very touching
5. Nuns take selfies with iPhones
6. In addition to the tourist attractions, it is also a very charming, atmospheric town
7. Visiting the Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi is truly a great experience
1. Struggling up the steep hillside streets, I got a sufficient indication of my poor stamina. I should have taken the advice to start sightseeing in the upper, old part of town, thus enjoying an easy downhill walk.
2. With their broad smiles, the souvenir shop vendors can hardly hide their sly efforts to lure in tourists.
3. Photography is prohibited in the basilica
4. Huge crowds in holy places, churches, and everywhere
5. Architectural history and taste buds: On the main square