1. The small Old Town (Casco Antiguo) is spotless with lovely, mini shops, flowery house facades, cobblestones.
2. Eat churros in one of the churrerías of the promenade
3. Star-gazing, window-shopping in the luxurious yacht port (Puerto Banus)
4. In the very center of the Old Town, on the small Plaza de los Naranjos (Orange Square) we always felt simply good
5. Walking on the roughly 2 kilometers long Golden Mile - between Puerto Banus and the eastern end of Marbella's center - full with 5-star luxury hotels, dirt expensive vacation houses - we are not snobs, but we are still curious to see the opulence
6. Avenida del Mar with the public sculptures of Dali - nothing short of his habitual artistic insanity
7. Iglesia Mayor de la Encarnacion,a splendid church near the Orange Square
8. Parque de La Alameda, a beautiful small park in the city center
9. Paseo Maritimo, a showy coastal promenade full with restaurants and cafés
1. Expensive place, after all, this is the wealthiest Andalusian city
2. The tourist souvenirs are unimaginative, mostly of poor quality, a contrast in such a fancy city.
3. Seemingly the golden age of Marbella was way back in the eighties - the city lost somehow its dynamism, its sometime splendor
4. It is the saying ,,here live the rich and beautiful" , well we saw beautiful people on the beaches only; otherwise the streets are full of day visitors, neither rich, nor beautiful - like us...
5. Impossible to make a presentable photo of the Orange Square as the terraces of the restaurants overcast the place