1. Superb view from the Castle - a must-see
2. The beautiful beaches of nearby Denia
3. The pleasant, well-kept Explanada promenade with elderly locals gossiping
4. The ornate facade of the Town Hall
5. Magnetic tapas bars - our favorite was the Hermanos de Santa Cruz tapas bar in Santa Cruz (within Old Town)
6. The narrow, cobblestoned streets, the bright colored houses, the elaborate wrought-iron Juliet" balconies in the Santa Cruz neighborhood within the Old Town.
7. Gothic churches, especially the Basilica of Santa Maria
8. Much more pleasant than Benidorm
9. Stare at the yachts in the ports
10. The exterior of the Mercado Central building
1. Due to the vast rice fields nearby, the local cuisine is dominated by rice (which I don't like)
2. The scheduled bus transfer between the airport and the city center is too time-consuming compared to the short distance.
3. Alicante does not have any unforgettable tourist attractions apart from the Castle and the beach.
4. Impoverished, not even modern houses dominate much of the city.
5. At Postiguet beach, the seawater is not transparent, slightly polluted
6. The traffic noises of the busy coastal highway may annoy the people on the beaches.
7. Few parking spaces
8. Too many shops close during the siesta