1. The Citadelle Laferriere in the north, the biggest fortress of the entire Western hemisphere
2. The Haitian naive art and the artistic graffiti
Naive art - k-t.g.
3. Study the cultural anthropological peculiarities of the voodoo cult
4. Only on one occasion, we went to a high-end restaurant, where we discovered the diversity and refinement of the traditional local cuisine
5. We ended up to have an understanding of what makes the people here so desperate
6. The galleries, workshops of Jacmel, a southern port city with spectacular old mansions
7. Haitians seemingly enjoy making good fun in the evenings after the gloomy daytimes
1. Stupefying poverty and alarming environmental pollution, and wild forest destruction
2. Haiti is no way a vacation destination - the coasts are ravaged, absolutely no decent beaches.
3. Most of the valuable or potential tourist attractions are poorly accessible, time-consuming driving (preferably on a four-wheel-drive vehicle)
4. Almost always a risk of a subsequent, violent street demonstration in the air
5. It seemed us that many local people (blacks) harbor some uneasy complex about the White people, often suspect racism unduly, excessively sensitive, mistrustful when talking to us, Europeans
6. The stinking toilets of the international airport, air condition out of order, unreliable staff
7. Disgusting dirty streets