1. The student city character, with cycling, textbook carrying, likable youngsters, the easy-going atmosphere of their cafes, bars, haunts
2. Clean, tidy, green, friendly city, one of my three favorite German cities
3. The Heidelberg Castle, with its spectacular red-colored walls
4. Walk across the Alte Brücke, which is a pedestrian bridge
5. Locals are friendly, helpful
6. Its natural environment (hills, forests, river), Germany's Oldest Botanic Garden
7. Not too small, not too big town - the right size
8. A lot of underground parking garage
9. Cafe Nerd - unique and high quality
10. Kornmarkt - our favourite square in Heidelberg
1. It was hard to walk on the cobbled streets of the old town in sandals (sports shoes required) - I'm the stupid
2. Boisterous and messy German school groups invaded the Old Town streets - we should have scheduled a visit on a weekday.
3. A very long wait in front of the castle toilet
4. Late Friday night, many local students were drunk, lost adequate self-control.
5. We felt stiff after hiking up to the Heiligenberg.
6. In the city center everything is expensive