1. Berlin has changed a lot over the last fifteen years
– for me the coolest city in Europe
2. I find Germans very intelligent, reliable and accurate
3. Hamburg was a very positive surprise for us – thumbs up!
4. Biking in Munich was very pleasant
5. The Old Town of Heidelberg
6. Cologne Cathedral – worth climbing to the very top!
7. The Zwinger in Dresden
8. The Romantic Road between Würzburg and Füssen
9. Small towns like Goslar, Quedlinburg, Dinkelsbühl, Mittenwald, and Rüdesheim
10. The weekend markets in Düsseldorf and many other German cities
11. Rothenburg ob der Tauber in Bavaria – a fairy-tale (except for the Chinese tourist groups)
1. Some Germans are unfriendly towards tourists
2. No speed limit on German highways scares me!
3. Too many services are closed on Sundays
4. Ugly housing estates in East Germany
5. Unpredictable weather
6. A lot of German food is too greasy
7. Ugly industrial areas in the Ruhr region
8. Those migrants who are unwilling to adapt themselves to
Germany’s basic social rules
9. You see how much heritage Germany lost through Hitler
and the Second World War
10. Half-hour delay on the Düsseldorf - Cologne train – not what I expected from German railways!
11. Neuschwanstein Castle is wonderful, but the conditions of its visit are stressful, and too few rooms are allowed to see, no garden or park, somewhat kitschy
12. Hallstadt: overcrowded, expensive, parking problem