1.The inner area of the city consists of cozy, colorful one-storey, or two-storey houses. Not a small town, still have that character.
2. very safe city, with strong police presence
3. Plenty of cool cafes, atmospheric restaurants on the patio
4. Boulenc french bakery
5. tasteful small art galleries
6. the wonderful yellow flowers of Golden Trumpet Trees (handroanthus chrysanthus) (El guayacán) - (December-February) and the rosy trumpet trees
6. In the city center houses are nicely decorated with beautiful flowers, trees.
7. the gorgeous areas north of the Botanical Garden
8. Calle de Manuel Garcia Vigil
9. An unpromoted neighborhood, still a hidden gem: Barrio Jalatlaco
1. Taxi from the airport to the center is overpriced, 370 pesos for a 20 minutes ride (2021).
2. In February 2021 (COVID-time), at the airport, we were told that the shared vans (collective) take 4 PAX only, in reality, they took 8 PAX. I don't like lies. Moreover, the vehicle was in a desolate (in Krista's word: shitty) condition.
3. Wonderful town, but so exotic as San Cristobal d las Casas
4. dog shit on the sidewalks of otherwise beautiful streets
5. The Cathedral did not impress me. The Templo de Santo Domingo de Guzman is more impressive.
6, Zócalo is too crowded to be atmospheric.
7. in the commercial areas, too much, noisy traffic in too narrow streets
8. The Artisan market (Mercado de Artesanias) is too dark inside, has no good atmosphere, the vendors make dejected looks