1. Explore the beautiful beaches of the west coast one by one
2. Authentic mountain villages (e.g., Karya)
3. The old town of Lefkada town with its cozy houses with sand-colored facades
4. Monastery of Panagia Faneromeni, which is picturesque and photogenic
5. Agios Nikitas, because of its beach and tavernas
6. Egremni, which is the main attraction of the island, rightly so
7. 24 smaller islands surround it
8. Being a small island, easy to navigate
9. Dimosari Falls, Cape Doukato, Agia Mavra - they are all beautiful
10. Most beautiful beach: Porto Katsiki
11. There are many free parking spaces, the beaches are free of charge.
12. Seawater is crystal clear, almost everywhere.
1. The mad driving style of the local drivers
2. Unfortunately, in many beautiful bays, it is not possible to swim in the sea (waves, rocks, underwater currents)
3. A lot of mosquitoes
4. Discomfort on some beaches because of the large pebbles; there is no fine sandy beach on the island
5. On Nidri’s main beach, it’s hard to get out of the water on the pebbles
6. The towns on the island are not particularly beautiful. There are refreshing exceptions, of course, but they are rather villages.
7. Apart from the 17th-18th century Faneromani Monastery, there are no unique cultural tourist attractions on the island.
8. Driving with our rental car was stressful on the narrow, winding mountain roads. You have to drive very carefully because of the potholes.
9. Ligia has no specific city core. The main street can not be considered as such.
10. It is uncomfortable to walk on the pebbled beach without some bath sandals (you can buy such footwear on the island for 8 euros)
11. Most beaches do not have services, and therefore we need to bring food and drink with us.
12. There are few practical signposts on public roads, so a traditional or online map is needed.
13. There is no lifeguard service on the beaches.