1. For first-timers of a Thailand beach vacation, Koh Samui could be one of the most suitable choices
2. Not too small, not too big, there are many activities, at the same time easy to find romantic spots.
3. In the evenings, the lovely atmosphere on the shore of Chaweng Beach with cafes, bars placed on the sand.
4. Nightlife on Chaweng Beach on Beach Road
5. Friday night market in Lamai, awesome!
6. Hire a tuk-tuk to tour the island as a one-day program
7. Cross to Koh Phangan for a day
8. The cutest airport in the world
9. The small Silver Beach at Lamai, perhaps the most beautiful beach on the island
10. The interior of the island is also beautiful, unlike in Phuket.
1. On Beach Road of Chaweng Beach, the narrow sidewalks, or lack of sidewalks annoyed us in crowded evenings
2. There are no such excellent boat tour destinations like from Phuket
3. The excessive ticket prices for the major Thai boxing shows
4. The tides often wholly wash away the shore.
5. Chaweng’s nightclubs somehow lack any character
6. Overtourism, overdevelopment, less and less free space, nature, so the island is on the way to lose its original attractiveness.
7. In high season (late December to late February), the congestion is too high.
8. Action is too much concentrated to one place (Chaweng)
9. When there is heavy rain, moving around is getting too difficult
10. There are dirt, rubbish, empty plastic bottles in many places (including at the tourist attractions - Thais ignore rubbish bins