1. Fatima was a more tolerable attraction for us than we expected, as we presupposed that this would be a place with a spirit full of bigotry and religious fanatism.
2. It must be acknowledged that the architectural concept of the entire pilgrimage complex is well-planned, well-designed
3. We did not witness any hysterical overreaction among the pilgrims, they were just ordinary people, not much different from the tourist onlookers
4. Some part of the liturgical procedures were emotionally touching even for us, who are not practicing believers
5. The attractions are close to each other, though slopes and upwards require a little physical effort
6. We managed to behave appropriately, well respecting the sincere beliefs of our fellow-beings
7. The enormous modern cross on the main square is spectacular and tasteful.
1. Few blocks away from the pilgrimage site the theme-related trade is blossoming, and that has a cheesy character, in our view.
2. A friend of ours ( neither a pilgrim) starkly opinioned that the modern basilica does not fit in, disillusioning
3. The miracle story may have some questionable aspects.
4. We could not find the local cinema, where a Hollywood movie (released in 1952) The Miracle of Our Lady of Fatima supposed to be continuously screened
5.It is an artificial town; you cannot see real locals, authentic local life