1. the imaginative architecture of several metro stations - inventive murals, sculptures, installations - e.g., the impressive Universidad de Chile Metro Station
2 Cementario General (General Cemetery) with huge mausoleums and the monument that tributes those who were killed or disappeared during the Pinochet area
3. As the majestic ranges of the Andes upgrade the view of the city- a postcard view
4. quality street art (see below photos in the Others section) in the Bellavista neighborhood
5. the magnificent Lastarria neighborhood with well-restored colonial buildings
6. in the Parque Metropolitano, the two enormous public swimming pools (Piscina Antilen and Piscina Tupahue) with fascinating panoramic views
7. on a Friday evening, have fun, music, and drinks at the iconic La Piojera
8. masterpieces of modern architecture in Providencia and Las Cones
9. traditional pharmacies and barbershops
10. the wide range of fishes at the Mercado Central
11. Museo Chileno de Arte Precolombino, the top experience in this city!
12. superb bakeries in Calle Italia
1. Some of the churches are not as beautiful on the outside as they are on the inside.
2. Pizza can be bought from vending machines at metro stations (weird)
3. Too many dog poops in the streets - gangs of stray dogs (‘kiltros’, in Chilean slang).
4. Their tasteless buns, which are sold by four
5. Amazingly many people smoke, many of them young people, and that is alarming
6. pollution of the air in winter
7. The Museo Chileno de Arte Precolombiano is excellent, but the collection is a bit smaller than we expected (a private museum) - the entrance fee for the foreign tourists costs seven times (!) more than what the Chilean citizens pay
8. social injustice and inequalities are noticeable
9. crowd in the metro (excessive body proximity) - weekdays, between 07:00 to 09:00 and 18:00 to 20:00
10. Locals speak Spanish faster than in Peru or Argentina, challenging to get what they say, let alone the rich slang. (Even native Spanish-speakers have some problems understanding the local slang.)
11. those middle-class beauties who walk with their head in the air