1. If you’re there, you’ll quickly understand why Melbourne is the most livable city globally.
2. Pontoon, a cool beachside bar&eatery in St. Kilda Beach
3. Cool, trendy coffee culture
4. A heaven of fine dining, ethnic restaurants (Lygon Street for Italian food, Victoria street for Vietnamese etc.)
5. The locals are honestly friendly
6. It is enviable the way locals strive for a healthy lifestyle.
7. The landscape around the city is marvelous
8. The Half Moon Bay near Melbourne
9. The free circle trams which loop through the city all day, a pleasant way to see Melbourne
10. Visiting Sovereign Hill, a unique open-air museum in Ballarat, 1 hour 25 minutes drive from Melbourne
Sovereign Hill - Living museum - n.l. photo
1. In some western, rundown suburbs the public safety is low because of the gangs of migrant youngsters from Black Africa and the Oceanic Islands
2. We thought that the Dockland is dull, unexciting
3. Most locals are quite provincial-minded, lack of basic knowledge about the outside world.
4. In many services, the lack of customer orientation (e.g., waiters, cashiers, shop assistants)
5. If you are not interested in their sports (cricket, rugby, etc.), you can become an outcast or at least a worthless conversation partner
6. During the summer, the heat can be unbearable
7. Very expensive city, often brutally overpriced
8. In the garden area of our hosts'house, being afraid of red-back spiders (black widow) and brown snakes
9. Public transport is inadequate, expensive, poorly run, inefficient, overcrowded, and allegedly worsening.
10. The location of the airport is quite disadvantageous