1. The locals are endlessly friendly, direct, and helpful; you can have a good conversation with them. I was surprised by how much likelier they are compared to the British.
2. The Isle of Man has a superb relaxed milieu. There is an expression for that in their local language (Manx language): Traa Dy Liooar, which means: enough time. So, is no point in rushing for anything; there is enough time to deal with everything with the utmost calmness.
3. Port Erin - our most preferred beach on the island
4. Castle Rushed in Castletown - a lovely little castle with a great view; the town is charming, too.
5. The Peel Castle plus the Glenmaye Waterfall, are both of them impressive. Don't miss out on the most delicious local Davison's ice cream
6. We enjoyed having a long afternoon walk on the Douglas Promenade..
1. Because of the bad weather conditions, we could not see the UK from the Snaefell Lacey, the island's highest point.