1. the lively promenade along the Beiramar Norte area
2. excellent public safety by Brazilian standards
3. the cozy, attractive Barra Lagoa
4. Locals are mostly very kind, helpful peoples. They don’t speak any foreign language, but understand Spanish quite well
5. the busy life, shopping fever in the city center on a Saturday morning
6. a lot of street art, murals which give the city even more character
7. Mirante da Lagoa da Conceição - a view of a lake and the sea from the same look-out
8. We got immediate help whenever we asked a hotel reception staff, or shopkeepers to use their wifi to call Uber.
1. Feel the distances can be tricky. We did not expect to spend one hour getting from the city center to the beach area by bus.
2. Unlike the locals, we walked a lot and were frightened by the wild barking of the guard dogs.
3. The locals always answer very kindly when you ask something. The answer comes even if they are not sure at all. Someone sent us to a bus station in just the opposite direction.
4. frequent traffic jams
5. sundays the terrible crowd on the populat beaches