1. A great chance to be a guest in a gigantic wedding party in Omdurman - about 600 lovely people, all sort of beef stew, falafel, ful, fasooliya
2. Scuba diving in the Red Sea at Bur Sudan
3. See an unforgettable Islam ceremony with camel sacrifice at the Hamel-el-Nil mosque
4. Watch the whirling dervishes and feel dizzy myfelf
5. Ice Cream Dream shop in Port Sudan with great ice creams and shakes - I never expected to eat ice cream in Africa
6. In my ranking of the friendliest people in Africa: Sudan is number one! - everybody was very kind to us - People are much friendlier than in Egypt.
7. The long-distance buses are surprisingly modern, well-equipped
8. Khartoum has very modern neighborhoods, seemingly wealthier than Mogadishu or Juba
9. The Ruins of Kerma and its wonderful natural environment
10. Jebel Barkal was for us the most memorable attraction in Sudan
1. The deserted town of Old Dongola, a well-promoted tourist attraction, was not that interesting - or we were too tired.
2. Streets, basically everything in Sudan is dusty - our noses, eyes full of dust, all the time.
3. Too many bans on taking pictures - some are very stupid
4. The Sudanese cuisine has some strange combinations of flavors, like mangoes with red pepper, salt
5 The camel market in Khartoum was unpleasurable, even nerving.
6. Terrible toilets, the hygiene in general
7. All the garbage, litter along the country roads, plain-looking gas stations, dull desert landscape
8. Waste of time in getting all the permission documents to drive around the country and cross federal states
9. The locally heard information about the cruelties of the sharia and authoritarian behavior of law enforcement worsened my opinion about Sudan
10. Unable to use my credid card - they dont use international banking structure
11. All traffic rules are neglected in Khartoum (especially those related to parking) - traffic is a desaster in the Old Town - only the main streets are asphalted - all the city is full of car wrecks
12. Khartoum is very dirty
13. Photography ban in too many places