1. The beaches (Indian Ocean) are mostly covered by spectacular white sand.
2. There is no ostentatious splendor like in Dubai; this kind of moderation is likable and human.
3. There is no large-scale tourism yet, and the service to tourists is naturally more cordial.
4. The beauty, tranquility, and endless length of the sandy beaches with coconut palms - no overcrowding
5. The almost scenic roadside fruit stands
6. Compared to the barren desert landscapes of the Arabian region, the green Dhofar mountains, banana and papaya plantations, green fields, and hills are a refreshing sight.
7. A surprising number of locals can speak some English
8. Super relaxing walking or jogging alone on the many kilometers of the beach, you may encounter at most one or two camels.
9. The beauty of the beach in front of Rotana Beach Resort with dolphins a hundred meters from the shore and the turquoise sea water is immaculate.
10. The tour in a gorge
11. The camel market is somewhat interesting
1. The dress restrictions on public beaches are too strict.
2. The locals don't crowd the streets; you hardly see them. They live at a high standard, but - it seems - they prefer to enjoy life in their homes.
3. There are few evening and nighttime entertainment options
4. Seeing camels became boring after a while
5. The tariff of taxis traveling from the airport is much higher than Oman's already high standard tariff per kilometer. The local taxi drivers are brutally cheating tourists.
6. The second half of the drive from Muscat to Salalah was dull and tiring, even though the car was comfortable.
7. There are two disadvantages to be expected on the beaches on the open coasts of Salalah: frequent strong waves, currents that prevent calm bathing, and the water deepening quickly, which is unsafe for small children and inexperienced swimmers.
8. There is no public transport in the Salalah area!
9. The half-day Salalah sightseeing tour is not very interesting, the old town is dull and gloomy, and the modern part is not too particular, so there is not much to see.
10. In winter, the landscape is not as green as it is during the rainy summer
11. The locals show no interest in foreign tourists, and we had the feeling that they were not even happy about our presence.